Aaron had his Zometa dose yesterday. He researched what other lung cancer patients said about this drug and he did everything they suggested from how long to run the infusion to taking benadryl and ibuprofen. Afterwards he felt the best he has felt in a long time, but today has been a different story. Despite his best efforts to avoid the side effects he has ended up with the flu like symptoms many experience afterwards. He has a fever, pain, and feels pretty rotten overall. Fortunately, most people say these symptoms only last a couple days, and he will only receive this infusion once a month for the next 12-18 months, and the symptoms shouldn't be bad after the third month. Not too bad, but I'm not the one who feels like I have the flu:).
Thank you again for checking on us and most especially for your prayers.
Lorraine

Aaron sent me this picture in a text the day he had the infusion. I texted back that he looked like a long drink of water and reminded me of Jimmy Stewart. I then got another text from Aaron that read. 'What do you want mom? Do you want the moon? If you want it I'll throw a lasso around it and pull it down for you.'
ReplyDeleteI'm sure many of you recognize that as a line Jimmy Stewart says to Mary in 'it's a Wonderful Life'. So typically cute of Aaron.
Dearest Aaron and Lorraine, you and your family continue to be in our prayers daily. We are grateful for modern technology and you, for allowing us to be aware of your updates. You have made such a profound difference in so many lives. You are loved by so many because you first, have loved so many! Thank you! Our love to you all! The Olney Family
ReplyDelete