Today is Aaron's 41st birthday. I am sure birthdays are supposed to be a bigger deal once you've been diagnosed with cancer, but so far it hasn't changed our propensity for being low key. We had Mac-n-cheese for dinner, cheesecake, and opened a few presents.
![]() |
| David arranged the candles into a nice "41". Thanks to Jeff & Amy for the cake:)! |
![]() |
| The best people to celebrate with |
| Lily loves eating these while she rides the lawn mower with her daddy. |
| Brig was pretty proud of the starburst heart on his card. |
We did make it down to Zion's National Park last weekend. We haven't been anywhere for the past two months, so that was a fun and much needed birthday get away. The kids all agreed the top two highlights from the trip were cousins and all the ice cream Uncle Jeff and Aunt Amy bought.
| Love our cousins! Kolob Canyon-we didn't even know it existed!We need to get out more. |
| The Narrows in Zions. |
After we had been driving for three hours we stopped to eat lunch. As we went into McDonald's Lily said, "Isn't this the best trip ever!?!". Today I asked her the best part of our trip and she said, "Sleeping and swimming." Her ability to be happy doing the simplest things is what I think is the "best thing ever!". She certainly didn't inherit that trait from her mother. I wish I could claim otherwise.
Aaron will be going in for scans on June 10th. We will be sure to let you know what we learn. Lily has already told me, "Jesus is making Dad's body better because now he can walk a long ways," and we are so grateful he can.
Thank you for all the birthday wishes sent to Aaron today. Happy Birthday, Big A! We are looking forward to many, many more low key and some adventurous birthdays in your behalf.


What a great birthday celebration! Zion's is the best. I love the family picture at the bottom of the post. I honestly can't believe Aaron is 41. That means I will be 41 in just a few weeks! We are getting old! I hope we both stick around to get older and older! Happy Birthday Aaron!
ReplyDeleteI'm glad you got to go on a wonderful family trip. Happy birthday Aaron!
ReplyDeleteHappy belated birthday old man!!!
ReplyDeleteOLA, MEU NOME É ALEXANDRE MARTINS, A MUITO TEMPO QUE PROCURO POR ESTE SER ILUMINADO (THATCHER), EU E MINHA ESPOSA VALDEQUE, RECEBEMOS A PALESTRAS SOBRE A IGREJA DO THATCHER - EMAIL ALEXANDRE.CONTABILEX@HOTMAIL.COM
ReplyDeleteGOSTARIA MUITO DE REVER ESTE GRANDE AMIGO, POR FAVOR QUEM TIVER CONTATO COM ELE ME INFORME ATRAVES DO EMAIL ALEXANDRE.CONTABILEX@HOTMAIL.COM
ReplyDelete