Aaron had his scond dose of Neci this week. I am just going to cut and paste his own words from an email he sent to a friend:
"Yesterday went well. They loaded me up on Dexamethasone, Benadryl through IV, Tylenol. And it seemed to do the trick. My breathing also seems to be improving. The rash is back on on my face, neck, chest which is a good sign.
I've been in touch with a lady from Chicago who is already enrolled in the study (since August). She and I are the only ones in this study with C797S. She's had a fantastic response. Her brain mets completely resolved, and her lung scans showed significant improvement.
Interestingly, there are only 6 of us in this drug trial so far. And UC Davis is the only location in the country doing this trial so far. Dana Farber will be getting it in the coming months as well as a few others.
I'll get my next scans Dec 1st. As long as my tumors haven't increased in size by 20% or more, I'll be able to stay in the study."
Overall, it was a much more pleasant experience with dose 2. Glad we get a week off to recover before starting cycle 2. A cycle consists of a dose of Neci once a week for two weeks and then one week off.
Thank you for the update. You are in our every prayer. This post has me feeling hopeful!
ReplyDeleteDitto....and we love you!!
ReplyDeleteThank you for taking the time to update us. You are truly an inspiration. We love you and keep you in our prayers. You are a walking miracle Aaron!
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteA day at a time! Always in my prayers. Mary Kay Lewis
ReplyDeleteThinking of your family often!
ReplyDelete