Aaron's scans look good. This is a part of the report:
"Bilateral nonsegmental parenchymal opacities are SUBSTANTIALLY DIMINISHED in size....the size of the dominant lesion in the right upper lobe is SUBSTANTIALLY DIMINISHED"
Before starting Neci the largest nodule in Aaron's lung was 2"x2", so to see the words substantially diminished is great news. The radiologist this time did not indicate the size of the nodules in this scan. He wasn't as thorough in his report, but all indications are the cancer is shrinking.
Besides his dry skin, he feels cold all the time. He went on a business trip this week and had the heat turned up to 80 in his hotel room and he still felt cold. A friend gave us an electric blanket that is coming in handy these days because the rest of the family likes the thermostat set at 70:).
We are grateful things look good right now. We never know what's around the corner, so we just live today and give thanks for where we are this moment. I have never been one to not look to the future, but cancer and cf have had a way of causing me to live day to day.
"Bilateral nonsegmental parenchymal opacities are SUBSTANTIALLY DIMINISHED in size....the size of the dominant lesion in the right upper lobe is SUBSTANTIALLY DIMINISHED"
Before starting Neci the largest nodule in Aaron's lung was 2"x2", so to see the words substantially diminished is great news. The radiologist this time did not indicate the size of the nodules in this scan. He wasn't as thorough in his report, but all indications are the cancer is shrinking.
Besides his dry skin, he feels cold all the time. He went on a business trip this week and had the heat turned up to 80 in his hotel room and he still felt cold. A friend gave us an electric blanket that is coming in handy these days because the rest of the family likes the thermostat set at 70:).
We are grateful things look good right now. We never know what's around the corner, so we just live today and give thanks for where we are this moment. I have never been one to not look to the future, but cancer and cf have had a way of causing me to live day to day.
I don't know about tomorrow
I just live for day to day
I don't borrow from the sunshine
For it's skies may turn to gray
I don't worry o'er the future
For I know what Jesus said
And today I'll walk beside Him
For He knows what lies ahead
Many things about tomorrow
I don't seem to understand
But I know who holds tomorrow
And I know who holds my hand
"I Know Who Holds Tomorrow"
At some point this treatment will lose effectiveness too, but we don't look to that day. We just remember who holds each tomorrow, and what we know about Him makes all that we don't know OK. Today, we will celebrate that what we are doing is working. Happy Day!
This is great news and I admire you for your attitude. Figuring out how to stop fear of the future rob you of today's joy is difficult but you seem to be pros. We continue to pray for you.
ReplyDeleteThis is fantastic news. Thanks for sharing with us.
ReplyDeleteThanks for sharing your experiences, your thoughts, and your faith. We didn't realize you've been updating this blog. We will check it more often! What beautiful new pictures!! We love you!
ReplyDeleteThis is the best news! What a great Christmas present! Thanks for your examples to us all. We love you!
ReplyDelete(Your Christmas card was beautiful!)
Great news. So happy to hear this. Always prayers. Love, Mary Kay Lewis
ReplyDeleteThis has made my day! We're cheering for your family!
ReplyDelete