Aaron had dose 12 yesterday. The week prior he didn't feel too well and we aren't sure why. What we do know is there isn't anything alarming from his blood work and his oxygen saturation is good. He has even been able to gain back the weight he lost during the week he didn't feel well. He will have scans two days after Christmas and that will tell us if this chemo is still working. Fingers crossed.
In the meantime, our cf kids spent another 2-3 weeks in the hospital. Between having kids in the hospital and Aaron feeling very sick Thanksgiving day I hope to never repeat a Thanksgiving like that again. Thanks to some very generous neighbors we had a real Thanksgiving dinner the day after Maddie was discharged. Our friends and neighbors are the best.
I've been thinking a lot about what Elder Maxwell teaches in his talk "Endure it Well". There are so many golden nuggets in that talk it's hard to choose what sums up my feelings most about our situation at this time, but I think this quote summarizes well:
Things can always get worse, and for us they probably will, but as a result of our struggles I feel more and more gratitude for the birth, life, and sacrifice of our Savior. All we truly hope for, all we live for, and all we patiently endure is wrapped up in Him. He is our brightness of hope.
Merry Christmas
In the meantime, our cf kids spent another 2-3 weeks in the hospital. Between having kids in the hospital and Aaron feeling very sick Thanksgiving day I hope to never repeat a Thanksgiving like that again. Thanks to some very generous neighbors we had a real Thanksgiving dinner the day after Maddie was discharged. Our friends and neighbors are the best.
I've been thinking a lot about what Elder Maxwell teaches in his talk "Endure it Well". There are so many golden nuggets in that talk it's hard to choose what sums up my feelings most about our situation at this time, but I think this quote summarizes well:
"Patient endurance permits us to cling to our faith in the Lord and our faith in his timing when we are being tossed about by the surf of circumstance. Even when a seeming undertow grasps us, somehow, in the tumbling, we are being carried forward, though battered and bruised."
Things can always get worse, and for us they probably will, but as a result of our struggles I feel more and more gratitude for the birth, life, and sacrifice of our Savior. All we truly hope for, all we live for, and all we patiently endure is wrapped up in Him. He is our brightness of hope.
"We tend to think only in terms of our endurance, but it is God's patient long
suffering which provides us with our chances to improve, affording us
urgently needed developmental space or time."-Maxwell
Merry Christmas
![]() |
| Great oxygen saturation. We like to see it at 94+ |
![]() |
| Party in the hospital. We have a pod to ourselves and one nurse to care for just our three kids. |
![]() |
| Thanksgiving dinner in the hospital cafeteria. These kids didn't complain. Their mother could learn a lot from them:) |




Merry Christmas to your beautiful family❣️💚❤️🎄 “We must drink from our tiny cups. I thank Him for not interceding on our behalf, even when we pray in faith and reasonable righteousness for that which would not be right for us. Our glimpse of Gethsemane should teach us that all prayers are petitions. I testify that He and the Father are serious about stretching our souls in this second estate. I testify that just as He has helped to carefully construct this second estate for all mankind, He also has helped to carefully construct each of our little universes of experience.” Neil Maxwell
ReplyDeleteHere’s praying for a wonderful new year!!❤️U
Happy Holidays to the Thatchers - We love you and grateful for all your blessings, miracles and examples --your an inspiration to all us lesser folk! -Love Robert
ReplyDelete