| Brig Waiting for his Bronchoscope |
Aaron had round two of chemo last Friday. I think I jinxed him with the last post because the day after I posted that things were pretty uneventful after round one of chemo, he had problems with his heart racing to the point he nearly passed out while driving. A few of the kids and I rescued him and we eventually got him home. We worried it was blood clots, however, we discovered most likely it was dehydration. Chemo has a reputation for altering the taste of food and decreasing appetite, and due to those side effects Aaron didn't realize he hadn't been taking in enough water. It was frightening, but it has been resolved. He has since been craving double cheese burgers, fries, and vanilla milkshakes from In-N-Out and we are happy to report he has also gained back the lost ten pounds from round one of chemo. Currently, he is beginning to feel the fatigue from round two.
Meanwhile, the kids are still in the hospital. Two of them caught a cold while there and their stay has been extended by a week, thereby turning our 10 day hospital stay into a three week stay. All things work together for our good. I am certain we will see good things come from this bump in the road. With all we have going on a phrase keeps coming to my mind, "Therefore, hold on thy way...". Excellent counsel from One who truly knows. We are thankful for the many goods things in our life.
Thinking of you guys Lorraine! You'll be in my prayers. Hoping the kids get home soon and can help take care of Aaron. :)
ReplyDelete