Skip to main content

Asking For Your Faith and Prayers



This is Aaron's sister Alison posting. Last week on Tuesday morning, Aaron had a lung biopsy done.  Like his previous biopsy, this one also resulted in a collapsed lung. He was in quite a bit of pain that day and through the night. On Wednesday his lung was able to seal itself, and he was able to come home Wednesday night. Aaron deals with his pain such a quiet way. He doesn't complain, he just bears it. And I don't know how, but he manages to think of others when he's suffering himself. I'm sure I don't need to tell you all how remarkable he is! There's no one quite like Aaron.

Lorraine texted the family today with a request that we pray and fast for Aaron. We felt that there would be many people out there who would like to join with us, so we'd like to share the invitation to all who would like to join in a special fast for Aaron this weekend.  Here is part of Lorraine's text:


"I don't know for certain what to ask everyone to pray for but I can give you the details and people can decide for themselves.
Aaron needs a treatment plan and so many things are up in the air right now. He isn't on any treatment right now because we are waiting for test results.
He has to wait three weeks for biopsy results but in the mean time we are seeing this cancer get aggressive.

He's starting to feel shortness of breath
He has a hard time keeping food down
His kidney function is a little too high to qualify for a drug trial close to home
He's starting to experience pain

As long as there are potential treatment options we'd like to be able to take advantage of them.
Maybe we are just trying to prolong the inevitable, but I can't let him go until we have exhausted all options. We will never be prepared to lose Aaron, but I want more time. I don't know if that's in the plan, but I ask for it."



Please spread the word about this special fast for Aaron.  When he was first diagnosed, many people fasted for him, and the blessings were real. Aaron's had 3 1/2 years with a cancer that takes many people in weeks or months. But with God's help, we're hoping for even more time with Aaron.

Love to all.



Comments

  1. You're right. There is no one like him. We'll join with you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We will fast for Big A and keep him and his family in our prayers as always. Sending love ❤❤

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will be fasting for Aaron and Lorraine. Thank you for sending this out so we could join.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This past Sunday our Sunday School lesson was on the life and trials of Job, from the Old Testament. I leaned over to my husband and told him this: Our senior year in high school, Aaron was the seminary president. I was a council member. That year we studied the Old Testament. Multiple times that year, I recall Aaron talking about how much he loved, looked up to, and learned from Job. I was more spiritually immature than Aaron. (Weren't we all?!) I was just glad I wasn't Job! Aaron was 17 years old! Just a kid! And he so admired the life of Job!!! I wonder if he had even an inkling that one day he would be a modern-day Job? I only hear bits and pieces of Aaron's life and appreciate Ryan posting the blog updates. From the tiny bit I know, it is clear that he lives a physically painful, miserable life, mentally and emotionally taxing. Yet he remains the ever faithful, serving, spiritual giant we have always known him to be. Did we truly take advantage of the fact that in high school, we "walked among that giant?" I for one, feel blessed to have had the experiences I did with Aaron. I'm happy to continue praying for he and his family, and join in fasting for them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so sorry to hear this. We will of course add our faith and prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It was an honor to fast today with Aaron in mind; if anyone deserves some more miracles, it's him and his family. Love to all!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It is a privilege and blessing to pray for the wonderful Thatcher family, Aaron in particular at this time. You have had such an effect on so many people and we love you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aaron sorry to hear of this. I have been through it too (Hodgekins Lymphoma) been in remission for a year now. Stay strong. You got this! My prayers are with you. Cancer SUCKS!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. We will keep Aaron and his family in our prayers!!

    ReplyDelete


  10. WHAT A GREAT MIRACLE THAT I HAVE EVER SEE IN MY LIFE. My names are Robert Mary
    I’m a citizen of United Kingdom, My younger sister was Sick of
    breast cancer and her name is Robert Jane, I and my family have taking
    her to all kind of hospital in UK still yet no good result. I decided
    to go to the internet and search for cancer cure so that was how I
    find a lady called Sarah peter she was testifies to the world about
    the goodness of a herbal man who has the root and half to cure all
    kind of disease and the herbal email was there. So I decided to
    contact the herbal man for my younger sister help to cure her breast
    cancer. I contacted him and told him my problem he told me that I
    should not worry that my sister cancer will be cure, he told me that
    there is a medicine that he is going to give me that I will cook it
    and give it to my sister to drink for one week, so I ask how can I
    receive the cure that I am in UK, he told me
    That I will pay for the delivery service. The courier service can
    transport it to me so he told me the amount I will pay, so my dad paid
    for the delivery fee. two days later I receive the cure from the
    courier service so I used it as the herbal man instructed me to,
    before the week complete my sister cancer was healed and it was like a
    dream to me not knowing that it was physical I and my family were very
    happy about the miracle of Doctor so my dad wanted to pay him 5
    million us dollars the herbal man did not accept the offer from my dad,but I don't know why he did not accept the offer,he only said
    I should tell the world about him and his miracle he perform so am now
    here to tell the world about him if you or your relative is having any
    kind of disease that you can't get from the hospital please contact
    Dr.ogididanspelltemple@gmail.com or WhatsApp +2347067393105,message him on instragram dr.ogididan or website ogididanherbalhome.wordpress.com for the cure, he will help you out
    with any problems you have.To get more information you can message me via email robertmary8947@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Every time I read an new post, I am brought to tears by the depth of the trials your beautiful family is going through, but more so by the faith, the kindness, the optimism, and the love. God is good. God is love. He is aware of our heartaches, our trials, and our fears. He sends us angels on earth to take care of each other. My heart is full of gratitude for all of the good people that surround you!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm 15 years old. I was born with HIV my mother passed away because of the HIV infection And I regret why i never met Dr Itua he could have cured my mum for me because as a single mother it was very hard for my mother I came across Dr itua healing words online about how he cure different disease in different races diseases like HIV/Aids Herpes,Parkison,Asthma,Copd,Epilepsy,Shingles,Cold Sore,Infertility, Chronic Fatigues Syndrome,Fibromyalgia,Love Spell,Prostate Cancer,Lung Cancer,Glaucoma., Cataracts,Macular degeneration,Cardiovascular disease,Lung disease.Enlarged prostate,Osteoporosis.Alzheimer's disease,
    Dementia.,Tach Disease,Breast Cancer,Blood Cancer,Colo-Rectal Cancer,Love Spell,Ataxia,Arthritis,Amyotrophic Lateral Scoliosis,Fibromyalgia,Fluoroquinolone Toxicity
    Syndrome Fibrodysplasia Ossificans ProgresSclerosis,Weak Erection,Breast Enlargment,Penis Enlargment,Hpv,Diabetes Hepatitis even Cancer I was so excited but frighten at same time because I haven't come across such thing article online then I contacted Dr Itua on Mail drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com/ . I also chat with him on what's app +2348149277967 he tells me how it works then I tell him I want to proceed I paid him so swiftly Colorado post office I receive my herbal medicine within 4/5 working days he gave me guild lines to follow and here am I living healthy again can imagine how god use men to manifest his works am I writing in all articles online to spread the god work of Dr Itua Herbal Medicine,He's a Great Man.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Wicked Rash

Is seems like we just figured out how to control Aaron's nausea and were getting him to gain weight when a wicked rash showed up and with it extreme pain. It is a side effect of one of the new drugs. We knew of this side effect, but didn't know how extreme it would become. He had me try multiple creams and ointments to control it and maybe that contributed to it getting out of control. Treating the rash consists of him sleeping his days away while the skin heals and also holding off on the new drug until the rash is under control. I requested to have IV fluids at home so he doesn't dehydrate. Eating is another worry AND getting all the layers of cream we slathered on is an additional worry. I work on wiping the layers away to get down to the raw, red skin. Cancer just isn't pretty. He does not complain and is thoughtful even in his extremities. It was our daughter's birthday this week and I went to check on Aaron and in his hand was a ten dollar bill he had got...

The Battle Begins

As Aaron's family, we think he is the greatest and we know there are many others who feel the same way.  He is a friend to all and sees the best in everyone.  Our Big A is truly one of a kind. Aaron has always been a healthy guy and has never smoked a day in his life.  When he became sick in January, we never dreamed it was anything serious.  Multiple doctors told him it was Bronchitis.  By March, he and Sweet Lorraine knew it was something more serious.  X-rays were alarming and the biopsy showed Adinocarcinoma Lung Cancer. He will soon begin treatment.  He and Lorraine, along with Kaitlin, Maddie, David, Brigham, Ella and Lily are asking for your faith and prayers.

Aaron Vere Thatcher

Written by Aaron's Mom and siblings: To all who have loved Aaron throughout his life, we want to let you know that he passed away yesterday, December 18, 2018 in the hospital, surrounded by his family. Sunday night, Aaron took a turn for the worse and was taken to the hospital. We were hopeful that he could regain his strength and come home, but it wasn't to be. Yesterday he interacted lovingly with friends, church leaders, siblings, his Sweet Lorraine, and his children. In true Aaron fashion, and with great effort, he spoke to each person, looking in their eyes, calling them by name or nickname, expressing his love and gratitude in a personal manner to each one.  We wish that all of you who love him could have been there with us yesterday to witness his finest hour. He was the Aaron Thatcher we all love to the last moment, and there was an incredible outpouring from his wonderful soul. Each  felt personally loved and remembered by him. In his suffering, he tutored us ...