Skip to main content

New Scans

Aaron had his first scans since starting the immunotherapy drug Keytruda. The results aren't good. There has been a definite increase in tumor size and quantity. The report says there are innumerable tumors in the lungs as opposed to the couple that we have been watching. It's also in the bones and lymph nodes. He didn't have an MRI and so we don't know what the cancer looks like in his brain. Most likely there is more there too. This report is surprising to us because Aaron has been feeling better these days.

We are hopeful he can get a needle biopsy this week and praying it doesn't collapse his lung like it did after the last biopsy. Drug trials are our only option at this time, and we can't really move on any trials because they all require a washout period (usually 4 weeks) and this biopsy, which can take up to three weeks to get the results. We hope to have the drug trials researched and one chosen so when the results are in we can move quickly into a new treatment. It's unsettling to be off all treatment while an aggressive cancer rages inside. Aaron may feel well now but we have seen how quickly this cancer can change that. Some good news is there isn't any sign of cancer in any of his other major organs. We take every little victory we can...

Comments

  1. We are thinking about you guys and appreciate the update.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We always pray for Aaron and for you and your sweet family. You are so strong and I look up to you so much. We love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry that the immunotherapy didn’t work, and we hope you find a promising trial. Sending all our love. We know you’re in God’s hands, and that He loves you infinitely.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lorraine, our love and prayers are with you, Aaron and the kids.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We are continuing to pray for Big A as we have done everyday since we first heard of his diagnosis. Also sending big hugs and love. We are thinking of you all ❤❤❤

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aaron and Lorraine,

    God bless the Thatchers, everyone of you.

    My emotions are a little raw today and as a result I feel a little empty inside and somewhat at a loss for words, however, what I really want to say is this; Aaron, we love you. Thank you for your life long example of courage and valor. You don't deserve this illness, however, during your darkest hours, you have faced it with an unspeakable courage.

    As I consider your courage, I'm reminded of Winston Churchill, defiant with courage in the face of unspeakable atrocities and attack, "Let us therefore brace ourselves to our duties, and so bear ourselves, that if the British Empire and its Commonwealth last for a thousand year, men will still say, THIS WAS THEIR FINEST HOUR."

    Aaron, I'm sorry for your pain and suffering and I wish that I could take some of it from you. If I go on for a thousand years, I will tell people about the courage of Aaron and Lorraine Thatcher. We love you guys and we show honor and respect for both of you and your children.

    May God bless you now and forever.
    Jim

    ReplyDelete


  7. WHAT A GREAT MIRACLE THAT I HAVE EVER SEE IN MY LIFE. My names are Robert Mary
    I’m a citizen of United Kingdom, My younger sister was Sick of
    breast cancer and her name is Robert Jane, I and my family have taking
    her to all kind of hospital in UK still yet no good result. I decided
    to go to the internet and search for cancer cure so that was how I
    find a lady called Sarah peter she was testifies to the world about
    the goodness of a herbal man who has the root and half to cure all
    kind of disease and the herbal email was there. So I decided to
    contact the herbal man for my younger sister help to cure her breast
    cancer. I contacted him and told him my problem he told me that I
    should not worry that my sister cancer will be cure, he told me that
    there is a medicine that he is going to give me that I will cook it
    and give it to my sister to drink for one week, so I ask how can I
    receive the cure that I am in UK, he told me
    That I will pay for the delivery service. The courier service can
    transport it to me so he told me the amount I will pay, so my dad paid
    for the delivery fee. two days later I receive the cure from the
    courier service so I used it as the herbal man instructed me to,
    before the week complete my sister cancer was healed and it was like a
    dream to me not knowing that it was physical I and my family were very
    happy about the miracle of Doctor so my dad wanted to pay him 5
    million us dollars the herbal man did not accept the offer from my dad,but I don't know why he did not accept the offer,he only said
    I should tell the world about him and his miracle he perform so am now
    here to tell the world about him if you or your relative is having any
    kind of disease that you can't get from the hospital please contact
    Dr.ogididanspelltemple@gmail.com or WhatsApp +2347067393105,message him on instragram dr.ogididan or website ogididanherbalhome.wordpress.com for the cure, he will help you out
    with any problems you have.To get more information you can message me via email robertmary8947@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Wicked Rash

Is seems like we just figured out how to control Aaron's nausea and were getting him to gain weight when a wicked rash showed up and with it extreme pain. It is a side effect of one of the new drugs. We knew of this side effect, but didn't know how extreme it would become. He had me try multiple creams and ointments to control it and maybe that contributed to it getting out of control. Treating the rash consists of him sleeping his days away while the skin heals and also holding off on the new drug until the rash is under control. I requested to have IV fluids at home so he doesn't dehydrate. Eating is another worry AND getting all the layers of cream we slathered on is an additional worry. I work on wiping the layers away to get down to the raw, red skin. Cancer just isn't pretty. He does not complain and is thoughtful even in his extremities. It was our daughter's birthday this week and I went to check on Aaron and in his hand was a ten dollar bill he had got...

The Battle Begins

As Aaron's family, we think he is the greatest and we know there are many others who feel the same way.  He is a friend to all and sees the best in everyone.  Our Big A is truly one of a kind. Aaron has always been a healthy guy and has never smoked a day in his life.  When he became sick in January, we never dreamed it was anything serious.  Multiple doctors told him it was Bronchitis.  By March, he and Sweet Lorraine knew it was something more serious.  X-rays were alarming and the biopsy showed Adinocarcinoma Lung Cancer. He will soon begin treatment.  He and Lorraine, along with Kaitlin, Maddie, David, Brigham, Ella and Lily are asking for your faith and prayers.

Aaron Vere Thatcher

Written by Aaron's Mom and siblings: To all who have loved Aaron throughout his life, we want to let you know that he passed away yesterday, December 18, 2018 in the hospital, surrounded by his family. Sunday night, Aaron took a turn for the worse and was taken to the hospital. We were hopeful that he could regain his strength and come home, but it wasn't to be. Yesterday he interacted lovingly with friends, church leaders, siblings, his Sweet Lorraine, and his children. In true Aaron fashion, and with great effort, he spoke to each person, looking in their eyes, calling them by name or nickname, expressing his love and gratitude in a personal manner to each one.  We wish that all of you who love him could have been there with us yesterday to witness his finest hour. He was the Aaron Thatcher we all love to the last moment, and there was an incredible outpouring from his wonderful soul. Each  felt personally loved and remembered by him. In his suffering, he tutored us ...