Skip to main content

A few Hiccups

An eye exam is required to get into this drug trial.

Aaron wasn't able to begin the new treatment last week because he needs an MRI and that MRI got scheduled the end of this week and then we had a blessing that got that appointment moved up to tomorrow. I am a little nervous about this MRI because a lot of drug trials are picky about cancer activity in the brain. The drug trial he did two years ago kicked him out when they saw a spot on his brain. Aaron's cancer has moved to the brain, we saw this on the last MRI, but this drug trial will compare tomorrow's MRI with the one he had the end of July and if the cancer seems stable we can go ahead with the treatment this Thursday. The past few weeks have been a good reminder to me to practice "being still". Other then that I think we have all the other tests completed to qualify.

Comments

  1. I pray that Aaron can get in this trial, and more importantly it will slow the progress of this horrific disease. I have been so touched by your faith, and your "being still". There has to be more time allowed.
    Lorraine I know it is not just Aaron that you are so worried and concerned about. There is so much on your plate right now. I also pray that your mind will be clear, and you will have peace and calm to deal with the storms ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is actually Elder Van Hoose....I was in the MTC with Aaron, one of the nicest guys I ever met. Me being a huge sports fan was intrigued by his whole story and the sacrifice he did for serving 2 years. I just happened to be in St George and went to Brigham Youngs winter home and saw him and his beautiful family there a few years back. Aaron you were a great missionary and AP and I pray things get better. Definately a man of God

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are praying extra for you all at this time. Aaron is SUCH a courageous man! That treatment doesn't look pleasant at all. We are all hoping it does the trick on those brain tumors. Praying also that the kids in the hospital get out soon. You are an amazing family. We love you so much. Aunt Jill

    ReplyDelete
  4. HELLO EVERYONE.. FEW MUNINETS TO REDY THIS INFOR ON HERPES CURE 2018..
    2017 MY MOTHER WAS DIAGNOSED OF HERPES/ KNOWN AS GENITAL WARTS ,I SPENT A LOT OF MONEY ON HER MEDICATION TILL A POINT I EVEN LOST HOPE,BECAUSE MY MOTHER WAS GRADUALLY DYING AND LOST HER MEMORY TOO, I WAS SO DESPERATE TO GET MY MOTHER BACK TO NORMAL, ONE DAY MY UNCLE WHO LIVES IN LONDON UNITED KINGDOM TOLD ME ABOUT DR OLIHA ,WHO HELPED HIM GET RID OF HERPES /GENITAL WART WITH HERBAL MEDICINE AND HIS HERBAL SOAP ,I WAS SO SHOCKED WHEN HE TOLD ME ABOUT THIS ,ALTHOUGH I NEVER BELIEVE IN HERB BUT, I KEEP TO BELIEVE BECAUSE MY UNCLE CAN'T TELL ME LIES WHEN IT COMES TO HEALTH CONDITION I CONTACTED DR OLIHA VIA HIS EMAIL; OLIHA.MIRACLEMEDICINE@GMAIL.COM , YOU CAN TALK TO HIM VIA CALL OR WHATSAPP MESSENGER ON +2349038382931 , HE REPLIED AND ASK ME TO SEND MY HOME ADDRESS AND MY MOTHER'S DETAIL AND THEN I PURCHASED THE HERBAL MEDICINE,SENT ME THE HERBAL MEDICINE THROUGH COURIER SERVICE, WHEN I RECEIVED THIS HERBAL MEDICINE USED IT FOR 2 WEEKS, AND 4 DAYS OF USAGE THE WARTS FELL OFF, MY MOTHER I NOW TOTALLY CURED AND MY MOTHER IS LIVING FREE AND HAPPY AGAIN. YOU CAN TALK TO DR VIA HIS MOBILE NUMBER OR WHATS APP HIM ON +2349038382931.ALL THANKS TO DOCTOR DR OLIHA

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Battle Begins

As Aaron's family, we think he is the greatest and we know there are many others who feel the same way.  He is a friend to all and sees the best in everyone.  Our Big A is truly one of a kind. Aaron has always been a healthy guy and has never smoked a day in his life.  When he became sick in January, we never dreamed it was anything serious.  Multiple doctors told him it was Bronchitis.  By March, he and Sweet Lorraine knew it was something more serious.  X-rays were alarming and the biopsy showed Adinocarcinoma Lung Cancer. He will soon begin treatment.  He and Lorraine, along with Kaitlin, Maddie, David, Brigham, Ella and Lily are asking for your faith and prayers.

MVP (Most Valuable Patient)

We met with the oncologist yesterday and went over Aaron's PET scan. The prognosis came as no surprise to us. Aaron's symptoms have only intensified over the last two weeks and we knew there could be only one reason why; the cancer was spreading. He has stage 4 papilary lung cancer. It has spread to his hips, part of his spine, rib cage, and some small lymph nodes. Each place Aaron pointed to, on his body where he felt pain, the dr. would look at that area on the scan and we would see a green dot indicating cancer. We are waiting for more results to tell us if this cancer has any genetic markers. There is a 10% chance he has one of them and a 3-4% chance he has the other. If he has one of these markers it means the treatment is more successful. In the meantime, we proceed as if Aaron has neither of these markers present and we begin chemotherapy. He starts on Thursday. Once a week every three weeks for I don't know how long. He also has an appointment with a great lun...

Aaron Vere Thatcher

Written by Aaron's Mom and siblings: To all who have loved Aaron throughout his life, we want to let you know that he passed away yesterday, December 18, 2018 in the hospital, surrounded by his family. Sunday night, Aaron took a turn for the worse and was taken to the hospital. We were hopeful that he could regain his strength and come home, but it wasn't to be. Yesterday he interacted lovingly with friends, church leaders, siblings, his Sweet Lorraine, and his children. In true Aaron fashion, and with great effort, he spoke to each person, looking in their eyes, calling them by name or nickname, expressing his love and gratitude in a personal manner to each one.  We wish that all of you who love him could have been there with us yesterday to witness his finest hour. He was the Aaron Thatcher we all love to the last moment, and there was an incredible outpouring from his wonderful soul. Each  felt personally loved and remembered by him. In his suffering, he tutored us ...