![]() |
| His rash looks "more worse" than this:) |
We had a doctor visit on Thursday and he was pleased with
Aaron’s progress. He was amazed to see that Aaron was not tied to an oxygen
tank. It’s hard to describe how bad Aaron was before treatment began. In fact,
Aaron asked the doctor how long he would have given him to live had he not had
the EGFR mutation. His answer, “3-6 months.” We believe that means 3-6 months
even after chemo and radiation. We are feeling very blessed.
We have tried finding hopeful stories of people with stage
IV lung cancer. We have found one. She has been on Tarceva (the pill Aaron is
currently taking) for over two years and she is still responding. We just don’t
know how long Aaron will respond. For some people it works for 7 months, 11
months, 18-24 months. Everyone is different. We need Aaron to get the longest
response possible out of this medication, so that when it does stop working we
have more treatments available. There is another drug in phase III clinical
trial that is very promising. We just take one day at a time, and today is a
good day.
I frequently have to remind myself to focus on the things I
know for certain, and place all the unknowns in the Lord’s hands. From time to
time I still think about the unknowns, and there are a lot of them at this
point, but I hand them back to Him when they become too heavy. I know in whom
we trust. I know this will work to our good. We pray we will be blessed with
the miracle of time. Maybe we are being stingy, greedy, audacious, but we are
holding out for a good amount of time.
Time to raise our family and time to give ourselves more fully to the
Lord. Call me crazy, but I am looking to get 30+ years out of Aaron. I know it
can be done, but will it be done? Time will tell. Time. Time. Time.
Aaron has another PET scan and MRI in June. Thank you again for your thoughts and prayers. At every turn your goodness and
prayers are blessing us. I’ll give you another update later in the week.
Love, Lorraine & Family

We love you and are keeping you in our prayers xx
ReplyDeleteWe love you and are keeping you in our prayers xx
ReplyDeleteThis is so great to hear! Praying for you every day!
ReplyDeleteTime is dear and time is a gift. How wonderful that we worship the God who not only grants us time but also promises eternity. Truly we are in good hands.
ReplyDeleteI love you Lorraine. What a special family you all are.
ReplyDelete