What your prayers have wrought . . .
I knew Aaron was hoping to attending church yesterday. He wanted to go to his Bishopric meeting and then if he felt up to it, attend Sacrament Meeting. Lorraine was a little worried it would be too much. He has felt better since taking himself off the pain medication. And the best thing about that is that his pain has been minor. This is quite an improvement from not so long ago when he went all night and the next morning without his pain medication because he had run out and Lorraine was trying desperately to get him more. He was miserable then. We are so grateful for the improvement. The lessening of the pain must mean the tumors are having less sway on his body. I’m sure those pain pills were also contributing to his being so tired and sleeping so much. He has been up and about since being off them. He ended up attending the Bishopric meeting, then coming home for a rest and going back to Sacrament meeting.
In the afternoon Lorraine kept texting me pictures of the family on a little walk feeding ducks. I don’t remember when photos have brought such joy. Aaron was outside with his family enjoying the beautiful sunshine. I thought you might like to see them as well so they are being posted.
Each picture is a testimony of prayer. All of those sacred prayers you have been offering are being answered in so many ways; our hearts are lighter as all the dread seems to be lifted, and there is such joy with every improvement we see in Aaron. It is so true that our joy can only be as deep as the sorrow we have felt. We are so thankful for time given to enjoy each other and share this life together. Each day is a treasure. We hope you enjoy this precious day with those you love most.
I was a little concerned to tell you of Aaron’s good day yesterday because so often he seems to have a good one and then there is a setback, so I sent him a text asking how he was doing this morning after such a big day yesterday. I just received this back from him and am happy to share it with you.
“Hey Mom, it’s my best day yet. I feel like I have a little spring in my step. I’m out riding around with sweet Lorraine and Lily right now. I haven’t used any supplemental oxygen since last night.”
I know the battle isn’t over but perhaps we should take this day to offer prayers of gratitude. Our petitions to Heaven have been miraculously answered. I’m sure there will be many days when we will need to ask for more blessings but just for today may our prayers in Aaron’s behalf be prayers of gratitude. I hope there will be as many of these as there have been prayers asking for favors. We can send humble, loving, grateful thanks and praise to Him who draws near when we draw near to Him. I know He will hear these prayers as He has those we have sent filled with need. And we have an ARMY to send them.
Kathy Thatcher
They even ran into some old friends at the park!
I knew Aaron was hoping to attending church yesterday. He wanted to go to his Bishopric meeting and then if he felt up to it, attend Sacrament Meeting. Lorraine was a little worried it would be too much. He has felt better since taking himself off the pain medication. And the best thing about that is that his pain has been minor. This is quite an improvement from not so long ago when he went all night and the next morning without his pain medication because he had run out and Lorraine was trying desperately to get him more. He was miserable then. We are so grateful for the improvement. The lessening of the pain must mean the tumors are having less sway on his body. I’m sure those pain pills were also contributing to his being so tired and sleeping so much. He has been up and about since being off them. He ended up attending the Bishopric meeting, then coming home for a rest and going back to Sacrament meeting.
In the afternoon Lorraine kept texting me pictures of the family on a little walk feeding ducks. I don’t remember when photos have brought such joy. Aaron was outside with his family enjoying the beautiful sunshine. I thought you might like to see them as well so they are being posted.
Each picture is a testimony of prayer. All of those sacred prayers you have been offering are being answered in so many ways; our hearts are lighter as all the dread seems to be lifted, and there is such joy with every improvement we see in Aaron. It is so true that our joy can only be as deep as the sorrow we have felt. We are so thankful for time given to enjoy each other and share this life together. Each day is a treasure. We hope you enjoy this precious day with those you love most.
I was a little concerned to tell you of Aaron’s good day yesterday because so often he seems to have a good one and then there is a setback, so I sent him a text asking how he was doing this morning after such a big day yesterday. I just received this back from him and am happy to share it with you.
“Hey Mom, it’s my best day yet. I feel like I have a little spring in my step. I’m out riding around with sweet Lorraine and Lily right now. I haven’t used any supplemental oxygen since last night.”
I know the battle isn’t over but perhaps we should take this day to offer prayers of gratitude. Our petitions to Heaven have been miraculously answered. I’m sure there will be many days when we will need to ask for more blessings but just for today may our prayers in Aaron’s behalf be prayers of gratitude. I hope there will be as many of these as there have been prayers asking for favors. We can send humble, loving, grateful thanks and praise to Him who draws near when we draw near to Him. I know He will hear these prayers as He has those we have sent filled with need. And we have an ARMY to send them.
Kathy Thatcher
They even ran into some old friends at the park!

Made my day to see those pictures! Just beautiful!
ReplyDeleteSandra Flynn
Thanks for sharing, Kathy. It is wonderful to see Aaron improving. It is inspiring to read of all of your faith and strength. You are a light.
ReplyDeleteSuch wonderful news! Thank you!
ReplyDeleteWe are thrilled by this news! Aaron and Lorraine, we are so grateful you have received such blessings. Mom, thank you for your lifting words. We are sending our prayers of gratitude heavenward.
ReplyDeleteThanks for sharing! My tears are tears of joy and gratitude today!
ReplyDeleteBeautiful pictures! Beautiful family!
ReplyDeleteWe will certainly be offering those tears of gratitude. So glad you are all experiencing those good days!
ReplyDeleteWhat beautiful picture and words. Thanks for sharing with us. The prayers continue.
ReplyDelete